Together for Better
From the beginning, relationships have been at the heart of our business. Today, as strong connections continue to drive our success, they also motivate us to take positive actions every day regarding our team members, our surrounding communities, the planet we all share, and the products we ship and source. Together, we’re making choices to help create a brighter future.
Our Four Pillars
- The People We Work With
- Our team members are our most important resource by far. They’re the reason we’ve become the world’s leading multiplatform retailer, and why we’re growing exponentially. As colleagues, we foster a culture that helps team members reach their personal and professional potential. Together, by supporting Personal Enrichment, Diversity & Inclusion, and Safety & Wellness, we’re making QVC a great place to work. And a great place to grow.
- The Community We Live In
Yes, we’re a community of shoppers. But we’re also a community at heart. As good neighbors, we are committed to giving back to those communities where we do business. And because we recognize the important role that women play in building strong families and communities, our goal is to promote the success and wellness of women through the power of relationships. We do this through our signature cause marketing events: QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” to benefit breast cancer research and education; Beauty with Benefits to support Cancer and Careers; and QVC Presents Super Saturday LIVE to benefit Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance.
We also hold an annual employee giving campaign called Partners in Giving™ where we offer a matching gift incentive for donations to any 501(c)(3) charity. QVC also offers an increased match incentive for donations made to any the company’s following featured charities: American Heart Association, Cancer and Careers, Dress for Success Worldwide and Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance.
Together, through these efforts as well as Volunteerism & Philanthropy, we’re building a network of care.
- The Planet We Share
- Communities wouldn’t survive without a thriving environment to support them. And when you ship the level of products that we do, great responsibility falls to our leadership. As global citizens, we make choices that help sustain the planet that sustains us. Here are just some of the ways that we’re working to conserve energy and reduce waste: QVC has initiated a zero-landfill electronics recycling program. We are implementing motion sensors, installing a solar-powered generation facility, and using smart design to operate worksites more efficiently. We are also transitioning to biodegradable starch packing peanuts. In addition, we only ship products in bags and boxes that are made from recycled materials, and which are fully recyclable. Together, through Facilities Efficiency and Packaging Efficiency, we’re finding a path toward a greener future.
- The Products We Source
- What we expect of ourselves, we also expect of others—specifically, those who supply us with goods or services. At QVC, we require that the merchandise we offer is supplied by vendors who share our commitment to social responsibility. We spell out our expectations for our vendors in our Supplier Code of Conduct, and we hold them accountable through our Supplier Oversight program. Additionally, we offer Supplier Development guidance so that, together, we can create a more ethical global marketplace.
- Press Releases
QVC Strides Towards a Cure, One Stylish Step at a Time
QVC and FFANY Collaborate for Charitable Shoe Sale to Battle Breast Cancer
WEST CHESTER, Pa. (October 18, 2016) – Contribute to the cure while scoring a great deal. For the 23rd consecutive year, leading video and ecommerce retailer QVC is set to join forces with the Fashion Footwear Association of New York (FFANY) to help conquer breast cancer with its annual QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” broadcast event, benefitting various breast cancer research and education institutions.
During the annual QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” broadcast, scheduled to air Thursday, October 20 from 6 to 9 PM (ET), shoe aficionados will be offered a chic variety of over 180 donated shoes styles from more than 85 brands. As an added bonus, all shoes will be offered at HALF the manufacturer’s suggested retail price* with a minimum of 80 percent of the purchase price** benefitting various breast cancer research and education institutions, including:
• The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
• The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
• The Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
• The Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
• The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center's Breast Oncology Program
• The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
• The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
• The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine
• The Margie and Robert E. Petersen Breast Cancer Research Program at the John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John’s Health Center.
The success of this event is contingent upon the generous donations of so many brands. This year, four footwear companies have been designated as Special Pink Benefactors for contributing more than $500,000 worth of shoes each. Nine West Group, which boasts such brands as Nine West, Anne Klein, Bandolino and Easy Spirit; Caleres, offering items from Bzees, Dr. Scholl’s Shoes®, Lifestride, Rykä, Sam Edelman, Franco Sarto, Via Spiga, Fergie Footwear and Carlos By Carlos Santana; Camuto Group, whose donation includes styles from Vince Camuto, Louise Et Cie, Jessica Simpson, Bcbgmaxazria, Bcbgeneration, Ed By Ellen Degeneres and Lucky Brand; and Marc Fisher Footwear, featuring Guess, G By Guess, Indigo Rd., Ivanka Trump, Marc Fisher, Tommy Hilfiger and Tretorn.
Also lending support to QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale” is Zendaya, actress, singer, dancer, fashion icon and shoe lover, who serves as the spokesperson for the 2016 PSA campaign.
In addition to the broadcast event, shoe lovers can shop the Shoe of the Day, a special style unveiled each weekday from 7 to 9 AM (ET) on QVC during the month of October. Additional styles can be found in the online collection offered on QVC.com beginning October 1 and continuing throughout the month. Shoes will be available beginning in October through QVC.com, the QVC apps or by calling 800.345.1515, while supplies last.
*The manufacturer’s suggested retail price is based on supplier’s representation of value. No sales may have been made at this price.
**Purchase price excludes shipping, handling and tax.
# # #
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), is the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 360 million homes worldwide through operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France and a joint venture in China. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has evolved from a TV shopping company to a leading ecommerce and mobile commerce retailer. The company's website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
About the Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation
The Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation was created to support ongoing research and education programs in the fight against breast cancer and is supported by members of the Fashion Footwear Association of New York (FFANY). Donated footwear is sold on live television through QVC during the Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation’s annual charity benefit, QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale.” Funds are distributed to leading breast cancer research and education institutions across the United States, including beneficiaries for the 2016 event: The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, The Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, The Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, The University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Breast Oncology Program, The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, The Margie and Robert E. Petersen Breast Cancer Research Program at the John Wayne Cancer Institute at Providence Saint John’s Health Center. The Fashion Footwear Charitable Foundation makes its home at 274 Madison Avenue, Suite 1701, New York, NY 10016, www.FFANY.org
How Non-Profits Can Work With Us
** Please include as much information as possible in your answers
Your request has been successfully sent!